Friday, April 9, 2010

Lunch @ Jim's Hot Dogs

I remember Jim when he used to own the gym up on the North side of town. Now I've come to find out he opened up a restaurant in downtown Findlay. Since I am a fan of hot dogs, today's lunch it was. The establishment itself is small and prone to traffic congestion. However, there is a small open area across the street, if the weather's good enough.

Locally owned and operated, Jim's Hot Dogs serve hot dogs, burgers, and breakfast Monday through Saturday. This will be more a lunch stop for me, but it's good to know. I decided on the "Findlay-style Dog," which is essentially a Chicago-style dog. The only differences I saw were the use of a regular bun (poppy seed is common for Chicago-style) and cross-cut jalapeno peppers instead of whole sport peppers. Overall, I enjoyed my dish and could taste all of the flavors in the hot dog. For a hot dog, that's pretty good.


If I remember correctly, Jim's trying to get poppy seed buns from a supplier in Chicago, but I see he's also working with Bread Kneads for his cinnamon rolls. Now, I know for a fact Bread Kneads makes fantastic poppy seed rolls, and it wouldn't be a stretch to make poppy seed buns. If he were to do that, I think it would be a home run.
-Reviewed by Nate L


Jim's Hot Dogs is located at 103 E. Sandusky St. (downtown, across from Revolver).   They are open from 6:30am-3pm, and can be reached at 567-251-3647 and their full menu can be found at www.JimsHotDogs.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment