Monday, May 3, 2010

Takeout From Paradise Pizza

OK, I'll admit it. I'm a sucker for a really good coupon. After all, who wouldn't want to save a few dollars? Somehow, a Paradise coupon came into my possession a while back and I found a window of opportunity to use it.

It's very important to note this is carryout and delivery only. As I walked in, they only have two waiting chairs across the counter. No dine-in option here. Upon reading their menu, they deliver to... Mt. Blanchard, Arlington, and Rawson?! Wow, I hope they have an insulated bag so the food doesn't get cold. That's the only thing I can think of that would allow them to go that far.

Tonight's selection was a 12" turkey sub. After I found a suitable location, it was dinner time! In a similar vein to Quizno's, they toast the bun. I like sub shops that toast the bread, as it adds a nice crunch to the sub. The rest of the ingredients didn't do much for me, though. It definitely could use more cheese. Overall, the sandwich was OK, but I'd rather have one made from Jac & Do's.
-Reviewed by Nate L



Paradise Pizza & Subs is located at 542 6th Street (near the railroad tracks), and can be reached for carryout or delivery at 419-422-9200

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, aside from the fact that their logo looks like it was drawn on a bar napkin, just take a look at the picture there. Do you think that a pizza place with a vinyl banner as one of their signs and plywood boarding up part of the windows would be high quality? Jac & Do's has an excuse for the older buildings-they're old! Olers? Well, that's just their thing, plus they've been around forever too. Paradise is less than 10 years old...I'd hate to see what the inside of the place looks like.

I haven't had their subs, but I did eat their pizza once. It sucked...tasted like soggy store bought frozen pizza, and not the good kind like DiGiorno's. Plus, it took them like an hour to get to my house on a weeknight-I can't imagine they are that busy of a place.

Nate said...

Never judge a book by its cover, anonymous. Let your prejudices get the better of you and miss out on an opportunity. I'm sure you've heard of the "Hole in the Wall" with killer food?

Paradise may have not been so, but at least now we know, yeah?

Findlay Eats Out! said...

That's true, Nate; it's probably a good thing that we don't see all of the places our food comes from, or else we may never eat again...lol. Of course, a lot of people will go along with their first impressions of a place, which is why we aim to present as many different opinions as possible for all of you to draw a conclusion from.

On a side note, however: We, too, have had the pizza from Paradise, and the description "Anonymous" gave is pretty close to our own opinion of it. Some people may like it, but it fell short of our expectations.

Post a Comment