Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Carryout from AJ's Heavenly Pizza

For a town of 36,000 (approx.), there are an unusual amount of pizza shops around. A.J.'s Heavenly Pizza is a relative newcomer to the Findlay area, opening up earlier this year. It's located in the strip mall just south of the Trenton/Main intersection.

I haven't stepped into the place since it was the old Hot Diggity Donuts from the early 90's. The location is remodeled well, seating about 15 people or so. There was also a large TV to watch, as you ate. I watched a little of it, as I waited for my to go order.

Before I talk about the pizza, I wanted to make special note the service was very friendly. He was polite and respectful from start to finish. I was very impressed. However, the pizza was pretty basic. The crust reminded me of a pizza place primarily located in college towns called "Gumby's." The sauce was spicy, but a little sweeter than I care for it to be. It wasn't a bad pie, but I have a few other places in town I like better. The one thing I can say is there was only pizza sauce for dipping. That's a refreshing thought, because sauces like ranch have no business being near my pizza.
-Reviewed by Nate L 
 


AJ's Heavenly Pizza is located at 1404 North Main St. (in the plaza on the Southwest corner of Trenton Ave.).  They are open Sun.-Thurs. from 3pm to 10pm and Fri.-Sat. from 3pm to Midnight.  To place an order for carryout or delivery, they can be reached at 419-423-7494, and you can find out more at AJsHeavenlyPizzaFindlay.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment